I'm in love with my new mattress which arrived yesterday. I'm working from home while it's quiet on the western front and this means the laptop and the dog are in the bed with me. It's been a slow start to the year, but given what the last six months have been like at work, I know it's the calm before the storm.
My back pain was intensely bad last week, hence the new mattress. (Although I suspect it was the extended hours of lying around in bed on the old mattress before that that may have started the back pain off again.) A bout of bronchitis and the coughing didn't help. For the first time in years, I caved and took antibiotics and so today I'm feeling heaps better. Gah, no posting for months and then a rundown of physical symptoms - who cares?!! Move on...
Noise and Pencils have grown. They're both very, very tall now and completely wild. I'm on call as a taxidriver around the clock, and the rest of the time feel like a cross between a lion tamer and policeman. Anyone who has parented a hormonal 14-year-old girl will understand, I'm sure. Only two more weeks and they both have to reign in and go back to school and TAFE - and the holiday-money tap gets turned off. (The tank will have run dry by then.)
My little dog is my constant companion - when she's not escaping and taking herself down to Grumpy's for chicken. She views her new walking harness and lead as a bit of a joke. In her mind, she has had free reign to roam the neighbourhood and the dog park behind our place for years and so this new harness and lead walking regime is obviously a phase of mine that I'll grow out of. And she's probably right.
Well, possums, I'd better get up and head into the office if only for a couple of hours.
Monday, January 9, 2012
Back to work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
oh dear, 14. that's the slamming doors and crying age.
I do hope le cabinet de cocktails is well-stocked.
X X X
I have 5 more months before my beautiful Pippy doll turns 15.
She is the loveliest of young ladies ... I am so proud of her ...
Just don't make her do anything!... especially take a shower.
Tee hee hee ... Yes, take a shower. Her brother, just freshly 17 is the drama of three 14 year olds ... and maybe one 13 year old rolled in for good luck.
Not sure how the tables got so turned, but they did.
Would I trade them ... at this stage of the game ... isn't there some saying that goes like .. "better the devil you know, rather than the one you dont know" .... Deanna. (not sure if my other comment got lost ... )
My sweet baby boy turned 18.... and now, he see's everything as an "adult" and no longer has to abide by the house rules, do as he's told, take out the trash and Im still a walking ATM. So, I told him to move out... Things are slowly changing... but... is what it is... guess I need to pick my battles...
My wee little angel.. well, she is taller than I, 15, and the knower of all... Im amazed at how stupid I am.. maybe someday I shall grow a brain and be as smart as her.....
Barney
Post a Comment