Why call it "my day off" when I know I'm going to be spending it working?
Why is it that after a long day at work, I don't enjoy the supermarket experience and certainly have no desire to go anywhere near the kitchen to cook my family a meal?
It's because I'm not Susan from Neighbours obviously. Here at Feminoz, the kids watch Neighbours ... probably because it's on before the Simpsons and it's something to do while waiting for you mother to make you enchiladas (without any offer of assistance from anyone.) Noise has dubbed Susan as Super Susan and we all marvel at what Super Susan is going to accomplish next.
"Just look at what Super Susan is up to now!" is an oftheard refrain at 6.30 at our place, which makes a pleasant change for neighbours from some of our more colourful exchanges at other times, no doubt.
Super Susan is looking after umpty-leven adolescents whose parents have abandoned them - the only sensible thing to do with adolescents in my book - and then to top that, Super Susan has volunteered to gestate a baby for her daughter ( no doubt so she can abandon it when it's an adolescent), despite the fact she's got MS and must be in her late fifties. All this and a hot dinner on the table in a clean house no less!
Meanwhile, my kids want enchiladas for dinner and I'd like to sit outside drinking and taking up smoking again.
Please excuse me for posting this but I got nothing else....
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Thinking......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I won't hear a single word said against Neighbours. After all, why stick with one when there's a whole lexicon of insults to dip into?
Go outside, smoke and drink and outwait the stomachs. The weaker they get, the less strength they have to whine, straight from Mothering 101.
Brian,
It could be worse. Ever heard of Summer Bay?
JahTeh,
Would you believe that giving up the booze and the fags meant that there were none in the house? Enchiladas it was.
(I lied about giving up the booze.)
Bella,
Unfortunately, yes. It's another televisual destination I avoid like the plague, along with Hollyoaks, the East End, Emmerdale Farm and every other soap opera that could do with being emptied down the grid.
Post a Comment