Monday, February 12, 2007

What are the odds????

Just hypothetically:

If you met someone who you found potentially interesting and they invited you to dinner at their house and it turned out that they lived disturbingly close to someone else you once found interesting (what were you thinking???) - would you:


a) Purchase a new car (so yours wouldn't be recognised on the off chance that the previous source of interest drove past and recognised it parked disturbingly close by)?

b) Ask the current source of potential interest to move house? Do you think that would be asking too much??


c) Catch a taxi there? (Every time? Assuming of course that potential interest turned into actual interest?)

d) Suggest dinner at your house? (Oh, goddess no, that would require cleaning)

e) Give up altogether and look elsewhere?

or

f) Move in with potential new interest and invite the nearly neighbour over for dinner sometime? (No, now that's just plain silly.)

g) Move to a bigger city where crap like that just doesn't happen?

Feel free to weigh in with your selection on this hypothetical question.

2 comments:

Barney said...

hmm... I see two options here...

1) purchase new car.. w/a 48 hr turn around..
go to dinner, if said potential doesnt work out.. return car..

2)take old car to potential dinner-mate... if other potential dinner mate see's old car, will think..hmm.. what am I missing..
could get 2 potential dinner-mates (wink wink)

The Bizza said...

I'd go with option h): Just go see the "potentially interesting" person anytime I damn-well see fit, and if i accidentally encounter the one I once found interesting, smile, shrug my shoulders, and move on.

If the former love-interest had the audacity to inquire about my intentions, I'd politely remind him that it's really none of his business. If he insists on pressing the issue, I'd shatter his sternum with a well-placed front-thrust punch... or I'd flip him off, depending on the threat-level.

You know, you really shouldn't ask a guy this question... especially a social fucktard like myself.

Oh, and as for comment of the week... see now you've done it. You've given me something to shoot for each week!