Here's my news.
My laptop at home is completed f*cked. All posting will happen in breaks at work until the computer fairy visits my house.
I have lost 4 kgs sometime in the last 12 days.
I expect to lose a shitload lot more in the near future as I am "cheating" and taking a drug called Duromine (for a month).
I went out on Saturday night to a new nightspot to celebrate an erstwhile friend's birthday. There was a huge line-up to get in. As advised, I headed for the front of the line, spoke to the guy on the door and was admitted straight away. Noticing the resentful glares of the (very) young people waiting in line I apoligised by saying, "I am very old. I don't have as much time to wait these days". Heh.
The same worked for the line-up for the ladies toilets. See, being 42 can work for you sometimes.
Seriously though, I was the only fat one there. And one of the very few not displaying a great deal of of cleavage. I could, you know, but I just wasn't.
My new (albeit shallow and unhealthy) goal is to fit into my size 12 (Australian size 12 - a nice normal medium size butt) jeans by summer.
The Duromine is making me very jumpy. Apparently this will settle down soon. I don't mind really, I kinda like it and I'm typing ever so much faster. I'm walking quicker too. And talking more. Volumes, it feels. Mental note to self to shut the **** up.
I enjoyed the evening out and even managed, eventually, to find the one (and only) barperson who actually knew how to make a half decent margarita. The first barperson I asked looked at me strangely and said "What's in that?" Always a sure sign that they have no idea what a margarita is. Tragic.
My train friend was on the train this morning but I got on at the other end of the carriage and pretended that I didn't notice him. Then when we got into the city I raced (see Duromine above, heh) out of there before he could catch up. I'm such a scaredy cat.
I had such a good time on Saturday night - much better than I though it was going to be. I now know that I really, REALLY, need to get out more. I don't need to date. I'm fine.....just as I am.
Gots to go...no time to spellcheck...I feel like the white rabbit from Alice in wonderland...wheeeeeeeeeeeee
Monday, August 22, 2005
Quickly....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hi from your neighbour. Good to hear their are computer literate people in my neighborhood.
Nice blog and cute kids!
write me. what are you taking? i'm worried and can probably help.
that duromine must be amphetamine? I think it is the 2 litres of water causing the weight loss. onya though.
Post a Comment