Wednesday, August 3, 2005

New stuff.

We have added a furry little beast to our family. We have adopted Sally, a two year old fox terrier. She's lovely. House-trained and very well behaved. She's a little greedy guts though and resembles a barrel on legs. The same could be said about me. So I am going to be doing a lot of walking with her. Sally and I are determined to lose weight. (Photos later - of Sally that is. Not me.)

I am not wearing my glasses anymore. I realised they had stopped making me looking cute and studious, sort of like a mischievous librarian, quite some time ago. I have taken to wearing contacts again. On Saturday my daughter and I are going to the hairdressers together. I may, if I can summon the courage, opt for a much shorter style. I was going to wait until I'd lost most of my weight but by the time that happens most of my hair will probably have fallen out so.....

Today is my "day off" - even though I worked only for three hours yesterday and didn't go in the day before. That is because my children have been sick. Thankfully, the company I work for are pretty good about my needing to take the time off. It's pretty quiet at the moment any way.

Their father is up to his old passive-agressive game playing again. Ho hum. He has "relationship" problems (sheesh, go figure) and decided at the last minute yesterday that he wasn't able to look after his sick children for the day (despite the fact that he wasn't working). Thus my stressed out three hours at work. I wasted an hour of my life yesterday arguing with him. Will I never learn????
For future reference, he shall be known as The Worm. I am trying to devise ways to get him out of my life that don't involve weapons of mass destruction.

I spent much of the day yesterday in a rather highly stressed state resulting in many tears being shed in bouts. Found myself losing it on the train into work and I didn't have a tissue in my bag. Sniffed my way through it until the next bout hit approximately fifteen minutes later as I got to the office. I checked my calender and it's not meant to be that time so would someone please explain why it is that time????

Then to top it off I lost my wallet when I got home. I didn't realise it until I went to go and get dinner for us all at about 6. Two hours of frantic searching later it was found under a pile of leaves in the driveway. That was fun... Let's just say my children are now quite acquainted with stress and how it manifests in adult humans. So is the dog. The children knew how to deal with it, the dog wasn't so sure. When I finally collapsed onto the bed the children came with me and the dog sat on my chest and kept trying to lick my face. Earlier in the day during one of the many weeping bouts she jumped up on my lap and was visibly worried for me. Dogs are amazing empaths. The day ended with laughter from us all - the children were doing impressions of me freaking out - they're very good at it...

I have to do laundry now and then sit down and plan our menus for the next week. I have made tacos twice in the last week and the children would quite happily eat them again tonight because,no shit, I don't feel very inspired to cook right now.
I'm too busy wondering what to do about after school care for the children now that The Worm is reneging on the arrangments HE made to pick them up on Mondays and Thursdays. The out of hours school care is booked full - I originally had them booked in (and was paying an arm and a leg for it) until The Worm suggested I cancel those days because he was going to pick them up. Bastard. When the karma fairy is done bitchslapping me perhaps she'd care to head on over to his place? (insert WHINIER voice here) I know I married him, it was all my own fault but haven't I done paying for it yet?????

One thing I know for sure about my relationships with men. I'm not very good at them. I have become phobic. No more relationships with men (or women) for me. It's too scarey.

Oh well, at least my dog loves me.

And to date I have collected only one cat.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi cutey.

Say...tell me how the fox terrier works out for you with the kids and all. I'm still in the market for a new dog.

Autumn

Domesticated Bachelor said...

*HUGS* you have great kids>:D<

Cursing Mama said...

The Worm - - perfect name. Hope things look better today!

Lady Meerkat said...

'the children were doing impressions of me freaking out - they're very good at it...'[chuckles]

... said...

uh oh. you are turning into me - one cat and now a dog and phobias about men.

you should meet crazy jungle cat. he would put any issues you have to shame. trust me, i have never felt so grounded and sane. maybe that's why i attract them?

shit! i come here innocently to read a bit and have found myself in therapy!!!