Tuesday, August 9, 2005

Here comes the sun

The title of this post has nothing to do with anything.
It's been grey and wet here for days and I'm so over the whole winter thing already that now would be a good time for the sun to come back. So if you people up there in the northern hemisphere would be so kind as to give it back. Thanks.

Busy week, busy weekend. Had friends (the ones I haven't shooed away in my funk) and their children over for a bbq on Saturday night. I managed to have lots of fun and only minimally hung over the next day. It was so cold at the boy's football game that the girl and I parked the car at the edge of the oval and watched from there.

I got my hair cut off on Saturday. I'm only getting used to it now. Washing and styling it is so easy though. My mother told me tonight that she loves it. Now I don't know what to think.... I lost a contact lense on Sunday night. No biggie, it was a disposable one but it was the trial pair. So I now have to wait until my next day off to go and order them. It was my fault for being careless (slightly drunk) and thinking I could take them out in the dark - I'd forgotten they were still in when I fell into bed. For a while I was convinced that it - the lost one - must still have been in my eye. The result? A puffy red eye from all my mucking around with it.

Bloody hell. This post is putting me to sleep writing it.

The furry creature, Sally, is adorable. She is a very smart little dog who likes her routines. Don't mess with her routines. And don't look at her when she wants to go to sleep in her basket. She doesn't like that. Things between her and the cat are progressing. Now they sit and stare at each other. The cat looks at the dog like she's something nasty. The dog looks at the cat like she thinks the cat is a furry chew toy.

Well I'm off to Bedfordshire to have an early night so that I can get myself out of this weary funk and start doing stuff that's ..... almost interesting???

I'm going to watch tv in bed because I want to see the space craft reentry. I hope it goes well for those guys.

2 comments:

Domesticated Bachelor said...

do we have a war brewing between the two?
i was laughing at my contact lens escapades... like once i put both in one eye and i couldnt for the life of me realize why it itched and didnt take it out cuz i thot i had dropped the other.

Anonymous said...

See, there's nothing going to ruin your enjoyment of a new haircut better than your mother liking it.
If my mum likes mine? I know it's probably suitable for a 65 y/o on the bowling green.