Friday, August 19, 2005

The Love Train?

I really should start another blog which is dedicated to my ranting and whining about the state of my (non-existent) love life.
But no. Instead I will just say that the testing of the waters was not successful, for either one of us. C'est la vie.

Move on, I say.

I have been walking around with a very tight chest and a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach for a couple of days. On the upside, this has made eating a thing I want to do less and less of and my clothes feel a tad looser.

I have a train travelling "friend"? who catches the same train as I do - both to and from. Occasionally we sit together and chat about stuff. This morning when we got on we had to stand near the doors as there were no seats. I must have looked a miserable cow because his first words to me were, "Hey there you with the sad face, do you want talk about it?" I instantly responded with, "No, not really. This matter can only be dealt with by serious vodka consumption." He laughed and replied, "You're on. Your place or mine?".

Blink.

Blink blink.

Um, did he just ask me out?

I didn't answer. Instead I changed the subject and we passed the time pleasantly enough until we got into the city. I once dabbled in internet dating (that's a whole nuther post) - have I now moved on to picking up on public transport??? As I scurried off in my direction (it was pouring rain) he called out, "See you tonight and we'll make plans yeah?".

I'm going to catch an earlier train.

I think.

(Before you say it - OF COURSE I WON'T HAVE HIM AT MY PLACE OR GIVE HIM MY NUMBER OR ANYTHING STUPID LIKE THAT..... I'll just follow him home one day to check out where he lives and then I'll stalk him for a while - you know, shit like that....He's got nice twinkly blue eyes.)

4 comments:

... said...

ohhhh stoppit.

go out with him. somewhere public, but hey, what can it hurt.

unless he isn't attractive. that's just going to cause you to drink more and then you will be taking another train on a more permanent basis.

Suzanne said...

as far as I can tell. This was a pretty sweet way of asking you out. Do you not think he's a hottie or somethin?

Or, maybe I'm just too trusting because that is the exact opposite reaction I would have had. hehe.

Anonymous said...

hon go for it hey.....just see first whether hes paying for the vodka hahaha j/k there.
shazzy
aka knitwytch

littlefaeriegirl said...

hehe, stalking, yay. im glad someone else does it too