Hands up who has ever eaten pumpernickel bread and actually digested it, let alone...enjoyed it.
Mmm, thought so.
I thought I'd try some. It is unbelievably awful.
Sorry, Germany, but you can keep it. Maybe you have some goats who will eat it or something....
I should have done my research before purchasing it. Any bread whose germanic name translates to "fart of the devil" is not fit for consumption in my book.
Oh blech. I can't get the icky taste out of my mouth.
On the upside it's Friday and it's half way through the day.
I am in a conference this afternoon for which I am now preparing a very, very strong coffee to keep me awake.
Bit of a late one last night. In the rush to get here early this morning I believe I have left my cell phone on the front seat of my car, which is parked at the train station, in full view for all the bad guys who break into cars to see. Please karma fairy, look kindly upon me.
This weekend will involve raking all the poop out of the chicken house. Who want to come and help?
(silence)
It will also involve a manicure.
That will come after the poop raking.
Obviously.
Oh shut up. Gloves are on offer.
This weekend will also involve much planting of things that will grow as soon as the weather improves - like next week. When you Northern Hemispherites return the sun as mentioned in a previous post, thankyou very much.
I am also going to take my dog for a walk. Come rain or shine. She resembles a fat sausage at the moment. So do I, but lets not go there...
Back to work.
Take my advice. Stay away from the pumpernickel.
Friday, August 12, 2005
Daily bread?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
have a great weekend. i am feeling lousy..might be working this weekend too...:(BOO HOO!!
but i like pumpernickle - - slathered with cream cheese, its one of the few "odd foods" i eat.
I take it you don't like the stuff?
It's good for holding doors open!
After living in Germany for 15 years, I've actually learned to like pumpernickel! Soooo good for the digestion. You need something on it, though, like a bit of nice fatty cream cheese to help it slide down better.
I thought i liked pumpernickel but i haven't had it for years. i guess the fact that i have gone years without eating it is enough to prove i don't like it that much.
'fart of the devil' Are you serious? *lol* Never liked it either. Can think of much better things to spread cream cheese on. Like a fresh French stick. Nummy!
Post a Comment