Friday, June 24, 2011

Things I have learned this week

Being made manager simply means you're getting lumped with the huge bloody mess left for you by the previous manager and you haven't even got a support person because, well, you were the support person.

The good news is that the mess would have been even bigger, but isn't and that's down to the excellent support person the previous manager had.

Apparently I have to go to an important meeting in Melbun on 1 July and an important dinner after that. Am staying at the Medina - does anyone in Melbun know if that's any good? I used to live in Melbun so never needed the Medina because, well, I lived there.

I'm extending my stay so I can go shopping in Melbun, which as I recall was a very good thing to do there, and to sit at a nice cafe somewhere and breath in huge, gasping lungfuls of lovely Melbun air.

I'm going to look at all the Melbun people and muse on what if....

6 comments:

Ann ODyne said...

Medina Grand is only one block from Elizabeth and Bourke streets corner where the Old GPO has all the glam fashion boutiques (not chain crap but designers), so that's a start.
and we will all fall over ourselves to meet you there so be ready.

and your first para? that's what PM Julia said exactly a year ago.
X X X

JahTeh said...

GROGBLOG WITH OZ, I'm all for it!
Obviously you are not bringing the offspring so how about a lovely afternoon tea in an elegant spot that is just right for us. Miss O'Dyne will know where.

Ozfemme said...

I love to look at the designer stuff, Ms O'Dyne, (pity they don't design with either my bulk or budget in mind) but looking will suffice! Sounds like a lovely plan, but I'm a little concerned at the idea of you all falling over yourselves - that could get a little complicated.

Yes, JahTEh. The little buggers..I mean the offspring..are not coming along this time. Sounds like a good plan!

Ann ODyne said...

give us more warning of your next dates ... pyrenees at gmail.etc
X X

Ozfemme said...

Thanks AoD, I will!

Ann ODyne said...

how come bloodyBlogger lets me comment on this post but not on your 2 most recent ones?
grrrrrrrr