Thursday, December 4, 2008

Allo Allo

I've enrolled at Alliance Francaise next year for a number of reasons:

1. I'm a middle-aged bored office-worker who feels the need to make my life seem more interesting than it really is.

2. I fully intend to go to France, particularly Paris, one of these days and have the time of my life being rude and arrogant to them in their native language, so that I will fit right in and not look like an idiot/tourist. Yes, that will be me... "phoofing" my way around on the Met and raising my eyebrows in disdain at everyone around me.

3. I'm slightly masochistic and therefore the idea of being in classroom situation where I am completely out of my depth and subsequently lowering my faith in my ability to learn anything at all seems strangely alluring.

What are you laughing at? It could have been worse. I could have enrolled to do pottery or something.... which we all know is just so 2004....

I'm getting pretty adventurous these days. I've been turning the subtitles off on the french cinema dvds I'm always ordering from Buttpond, but I find I become increasingly distracted by Daniel Auteil's close resemblance to a small, surprised stoat and then I tend to lose track of things....

Did you know that outside of France, Australia is the largest consumer of French films?

Did you also know that there are one or two French films that do not have Daniel Auteil in them?

Voila, Possums. Now you do.

Au'voir till next post.

6 comments:

Brian Hughes said...

"It could have been worse. I could have enrolled to do pottery or something..."

You should have gone for archaeology. Then you could have visited France with a mattock, not spoken a word to 'em and left ruddy great holes all over Paris. Sounds like an ideal weekend to me.

Ozfemme said...

Well, I'll put that on my list of things to do then as well.

Don't suppose you'd lend me a mattock?

Ozfemme said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
janice said...

Good for you, G!

I think it's a great idea to expand ones horizon. Wishing you all the best on this exciting endeavor.

Brian Hughes said...

"Don't suppose you'd lend me a mattock?"

You should be able to pick one up for less than a tenner. Alternatively, just sharpen a lump hammer.

Ann ODyne said...

Bonjour! apropos La Christian Dior exhibition at Bendigo Art Gallery ... voulez vous allez la avec La Witch Coppeur et moi?

Nous R allex la 18th January avec les autres bloggeurs de Melbourne.

Lumphammeur est optionale.