Thursday, September 18, 2008

Quality Family Time

The Royal Adelaide Show ended last week and left town... with most of our cash it seems.
"We're not going this year." I said.
"It's a total waste of money." I said.
"I don't like people and it's full of people." I said.
"That's okay. Dad said he would take us" They said.
Well, y'all can guess how that turned out....
Next year we're not going. Period.
So, looking ahead to this weekend... take one 40-something (shut up) woman with a fondness for chocolate, vodka and sleep (in that order) and lock her in a house for an entire weekend with one 13-year-old hormonal tyrant and one 10-year-old spoilt princess and see how much fun ensues....


"Y'all can stay home this weekend and earn that money I gave you pulling weeds" I said.

Wheeeeeee. Seriously... I think I may have the pilot show for the next big thing in reality television.

Oh - hang on. Add one cat and five tiny baby kittens to the mix. Yes. Moon Blossom has done us all proud and we now have five tiny little mewling balls of black and grey striped fluff.

"Gotta get that cat to the vet" I said

Only, well, it didn't happen in time. Obviously. Blossom has probably stepped outside for five minutes in her whole precious spoilt kitty life. Guess what she did in that five minutes?Fortunately, it was with a black fluffy boy by the looks of things. No gingers in this litter.

Blossom has shown herself to be a really good kitty mother - who is going to the vet as soon as possible because whilst being a really good mother she was a total pain in the ass as a pregnant cat. I think she spent the whole two months (following me around) screaming for food. (Mind you, I seem to remember doing the same.... only it was for nine months times two... and then some)

We set up comfy boxes with nice soft towels for her in all her hiding places. Which is why she hopped into Pencil's drawer and gave birth on top of all her Miss Kitty apparel at 5 am on Sunday morning. (Pencils, being Pencils, doesn't have time to close her drawers... not when there is drawing to be done!!!)

The only members of our household who aren't as pleased with this development are One-EyedNervousKissAss and Poop. They're banned from the house while the babies are here because being Jack Russells, they just don't get that kittens are not snacks.

Will upload some photos of the kittens when they separate from each other. Every picture we've taken so far just looks like one big writhing black and grey striped ball of fluff.

So this weekend we at Feminoz are going to be eating beans and rice and pulling up weeds. We're tightening our belts because now someone has to pay for the kittens' immunisations....

Who wants a kittie?

6 comments:

antikva said...

ummm, no thanks, no kitties here.

Well, we have 2 already. and a child that acts like a feral cat, so we've got all the bases covered. LOL

They sound adorable though :-)

Brian Hughes said...

"...take one 40-something (shut up) woman with a fondness for chocolate, vodka and sleep (in that order) and lock her in a house for an entire weekend with one 13-year-old hormonal tyrant and one 10-year-old spoilt princess and see how much fun ensues...."

Sounds like you've got the basis for a BBC sitcom there.

The Bizza said...

Wait, you're not supposed to eat kittens?

well it seems like you and I are from two completely different countries!

Jacob said...

Who wants a kittie?

Don't tempt me, Fem.

JahTeh said...

Get Asshat to take Blossom to the Vet's and get them both done.

I would love a kittie but Kevvie's not giving me a pension rise just yet so I'd end up eating it.

Barney said...

I'll take a kitty...
although it may be a bit spendy to get it over-seas..