Just the normal Monday morning chaos at Feminoz this morning.....
Fact - I'm living with lazy, rude, spoilt little monsters.
(yes i love them and naturally I will kill anyone who tries to harm them)
Drop Noise off at school to find out he hasn't bothered to pack any of the stuff for rowing practice after school despite having told me that he'd done it. I have to leave work early to pick him up from rowing practice because, despite it being the night they are with the father, it doesn't fit in with the father's "work" schedule.
Arrive at the office, late - because the bus was driven by a blind man with no arms - check schedule to find I'm listed for the most boring court case in history of mankind and also found a note on my desk saying that Pencils' school had rung five minutes earlier.
On the verge of hyperventilating (because it's a fun habit of mine), I rang the school and was put on hold for five minutes (late for court, late for court) before speaking to Pencils' teacher who informs me that my daughter is just fine (phew, slightly less hyperventilating) However, she has a tendency to be selective and only does what she wants to do.
Oh, you noticed that too? Great. Thanks. (I'm late for court and getting even later) Can we talk about this, oh, I don't know - at the teacher/parent interview we scheduled for next week specifically to discuss these things? Oh, she didn't give you the form back that I'd signed saying I would attend the interview? Fantastic! Yes, I know. She's always telling me she's left stuff at her dad's too! (Only I gave it to her last week before school so how did it end up at her dad's? It's in her bag, she just can't be bothered looking for it.)
Noise helped out enormously this weekend by helping out with nothing at all except for backchatting and picking on his sister incessantly.
Ozfemme: Hey, Noise - guess who's not going to the Avenged Sevenfold whatever the frick band's concert on Thursday night? YOU.
I didn't want him to go. His father said he could. Apparently this overrides anything I might think/feel/consider about it. His father said he would go with him. On Sunday his father asked me to arrange someone else to take him because he now couldn't (read as now doesn't want to)
Ozfemme: Let me think about it....um .... NO.
You know what? His father says a lot but actually does significantly less of anything supportive or helpful.
There is nothing new about any of this. I love my children and all, it's just that, well, the weekend went too quickly, I've got too much on my plate (figuratively speaking - I'm not really eating at all because my stomach is tied up in knots the whole time but that's okay because my clothes are looser YAY) and no matter how hard I try I just can't make the laundry look like it's not about to invade and take over the rest of the house.
Oh .... and everyone forgot to feed the cat this morning.
Oh, look. The therapy hour is up.
Happy Monday Possums!!
Monday, May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
There are those in life who fill their days with activities and try their best to get everything done.
Then there are those who sit on their backsides all day and complain that whatever the active people are doing it isn't good enough.
I reckon you ought to exercise your perogative and go on strike.
There is no forgiveness for not feeding the cat. On the other hand, a starving cat could be turned loose on any male not pulling his weight.
Feel blessed to know.. you and I are living the same exact lives..
lazy children, constint bickering, a father who says one thing, but does nothing.
Were just on seperate continents!
***handing you a glass of wine***
You poor thing. You sound like you need a holiday - or a stiff drink. Hope things improve for you.
Mr Hughes
Consider it done. Would you mind popping over in a few days to remove the mound of rubbish, dishes, laundry and other detritus that will have accumulated on top of me? I anticipate it will need the expertise of an archeologist by say, Friday.
Jahteh
The cat had exactly the same thoughts as you about the first part of your comment. I was met by an indignantly screaming ball of grey fur at the door last night. Normal life has resumed and the cat is waddling around, shaped like a barrel looking for new and interesting places to sleep all day.
Barney
I know. We were separated at birth I believe. Cheers!
Femikneesm
A stiff drink is pretty much a holiday for me at the moment. Thank you for your kind words. I'm a pretty tough old bird and find a ranting post peps me up for a while too.
"I was met by an indignantly screaming ball of grey fur at the door last night."
Sedgwick's been round?
I know how you feel. With mine I think how can I love the brats so much, yet loathe them at the same time?
I need a drink...
Suze
http://dailyfrippery.com
Mr Hughes,
If that was Sedgwick, I'll be having serious words with him about the state of the kitty-litter tray....
Post a Comment