Monday, November 12, 2007

A post to remove that Asshat post from the top of the page

Warning: Extremely interesting post ahead

Ever had "pantry moth"?

This house we moved into was (and hopefully is no longer) infested with it.

Of course, being a Good witch I'm all about killing them with kindness and not using nasty chemicals.

Napthalene causes cancer, people. Word.

Everything in the damned pantry, (kitchen, house and surrounding suburb) is now locked tightly away in a plastic container. Yay Tupperware. Including the children. Sorry kids, I can't poke holes in 'em for ventilation because those little frickers can get in any where. You're just going to learn how to survive without breathing.

Last night I threw out 99.999% of the contents of our pantry. Then I scrubbed the f*ck out of it.

You see, I'm all about opening the pantry door and not being knocked to the floor by a plague of biblical proportions of moths.

Truly, the people that lived here before us were GROSS. Their solution was to put mothballs on every shelf. In the pantry. Near food. Unless of course that was what they ate, I don't know... Either way, I hope they're living it up on whatever oncology ward they're in right now...


Actually, judging by the amount of grease I have had to scrub off the kitchen walls it's entirely possible that they lived on nothing but lard anyway so maybe their insides were so coated with goop that they are impenetrable.
Who needs nutrients anyways???

So that was how I spent my Sunday evening. Don't be jealous. (Hugs)

Tonight? I'm cleaning out the refrigerator. But you're just going to have to wait to hear all about that.

Cheers.


Oh yeah... my kids came home yesterday. I have perfected "the look". At the first sign of trouble, I incinerate them with the deadly laser beams from my glowing red eyes. So far so good. Who knew that these geeky glasses came with all those accessories???


But wait... there's still more of my irritation (why else would I have a blog? Godess knows I can't afford a therapist... any more)

Pencils left her bag of swimming gear (which I had spent nearly 70 bucks on only two days before) in her dad's car. It got stolen because he's too lazy to lock his car or to encourage the wee ones to remove their belongings from it. Why anyone would bother with a car that looks like a mobile rubbish bin is beyond me but that's beside the point... He's all "Not my problem." (This from the man who would have me give birth to our firstborn alone while he stayed at home guarding his musical equipment in case someone broke into our apartment while we were at the hospital.)

Karma, if you're listening? It'd be kinda funny if someone stole his precious guitars from his shoebox soon. I'm just saying is all.... He's too cheap to get insurance....

I also hope Pencils doesn't mind swimming naked for the rest of the summer because I have told her if she wants new swimming gear to get her father to buy it for her. She's all about the B*llabong and the R*xy gear. Too expensive for me to keep replacing.

Okay... enough of my whining. Next time I'll post all about bunnies and rainbows.

Blessed Be Bitches!

(I can has no times for to checkings my spellings)

5 comments:

JahTeh said...

You have to get the little blighters before they hatch. You have to put things like rice, flour etc. in the freezer for a month to kill all the eggs then decant into airtight jars. Plus you have to vaccum any eggs from the shelves. My sister had larvae crawling across the ceiling for a month before she found the packet they were hatching from. I'm paranoid about putting everything in glass jars, bless coffe and jam companies.

janice said...

Are they the same as clothes moths? I've heard of flour worms, do they turn into moths?

I'll just get an encyclopedia.

Love the new blog look.

Ozfemme said...

Jahteh,

Yes. Have been scrubbing like a charwoman. Fun, fun, fun...

Janice,

Yes to all of those things.

Thanks

Jacob says I've gone emo but I'm all about saving energy. (Less wattage required for a black backround.)

Ozfemme said...

Jahteh,

Yes. Have been scrubbing like a charwoman. Fun, fun, fun...

Janice,

Yes to all of those things.

Thanks

Jacob says I've gone emo but I'm all about saving energy. (Less wattage required for a black backround.)

The Bizza said...

See, my eyesight is not as good as it once was. I sat here, horrified at what I was reading as I wondered, "what in gay-hell is 'panty moth'? I'm picturing horrific images of sexually-transmitted diseases where moths fly from the genitals.

Once i re-read your post, pantry moths suddenly didn't seem so bad.

The moral? at least you don't have panty moths.