Well, I did't get it.
I. didn't. get. it.
First time I've missed out on a position I've applied for.
I must be all washed up. Over it. Past my whatever it is ... I'm past it.
Except that I don't really mind. Universe working in strange ways and all that. One good thing is that I don't have to figure out how to juggle the 7 am starts and the 8 pm finishes.
So this is me, still sitting at my current job (on my lunch break, of course) trying to find the positives in this current job. One of the positives, a coworker, just went home early. Wish I could too but I'm disciplining myself to make the best of it while I'm here.
So anyways we moved.... there's still some boxes and crap to deal with but we broke the back of it on the weekend and I'll complete it this weekend.
It can wait until then because. Every. Part. Of .My .Body .Hurts.
But it's all good. It's muscle strain and not back injury. It's got me thinking about going hard and exercising more and getting slim and toned again... Which may well happen given that the state of my current finances has ruled out eating... for me... not as bad as it sounds...the vodka stays.
A big special thank you to YOU for making it so much easier. ( An even bigger thank you to YOU for getting over the whole "narcissism" thing. For now. Huge arguments and week-long stony cold silences sure to follow but, hey, we manage don't we.... (THe unique and highly creative ways in which I show my appreciation have been put on hold for the moment due to the fact that eveything hurts...which could account for the niceness...anticipation is a powerful tool.... Oh shut up....
Being big and strong and able to carry heavy stuff is a huge advantage in my world...
Even after all that lifting and carrying, he rubbed my feet. For that alone I would give him my first born child.
Oh shut up. He's a good kid really! (Just because he whoops yer ass at chess and poker is no reason not to want him around 24/7....)
Did I mentionmy bedroom window overlooks the back garden? It's really purty. Lots of trees, flowers and birds. One bird in particular flew smack-bang into my window yesterday morning. "That's gotta hurt" I thought, once I got over the shock that having a black bird fly smack bang into a window only a metre away from your face causes.
Hope the bird is okay, despite the brain damage incurred. I also hope it doesn't do that again.
Thank y'all for yer kind thoughts and words re the job and the move.
As soon as I can move without going "Ow, ow, ow, ow" I'm going to take pictures of the new place and stuff... well, as soon as I can move and as soon as I locate the box contaning the digital cameral and then the box that has the battery charger ...
Please excuse the lack of spellchecking on this post but... ow.
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Focusing on the positive...
YEAH!!! You got moved!!! LOL! about the bird and cool about the view from your bedroom window. Working out and toning up is a good thing.
Congratulations on the move..
nothing like a new home for a new start!!!
Im hoping that wee little birdie wont be flying into anymore of your windows...
Sorry to hear about the job prospect... I know how that feels... unfortunately.
I'm glad your move went (relatively) smoothoy. It's always nice to have someone big and strong to lift heavy objects. But I wouldn't know about any of that, obviously.
Can't wait to see the new place!
Post a Comment