Wednesday, January 4, 2006

Dancing with buns

Okay...so two days back at work...can I have a holiday now? What? What does "NO" mean exactly????

I got my kids back today...they have sand in every crevice and are depositing it all over my house. I have a sixteen year old boy added to the mix...he looks kinda like my sister so I guess he's hers..... He's cool. He can feed himself and make up his own bed. Wonder what he's like at dishes?.....

I have not had any alcohol this week...so far... and it's Wednesday. This almost qualifies as an alcohol-free week - to be referred to hence as an AFW. An alcohol-free day is known as a PFD. A piss free day. That's right. Downunder we call alcohol piss. Nice, huh....

Today I figured that seeing as I'm one of the few people who have actually returned to work this week I could dress down a little. As in, I wore that black halter neck top that I haven't worn since New Year's Eve LAST year. It doesn't fit anywhere near as snugly as it did back then and of course today just had to be the day that the Big Boss (hence known as BB) decided to pop in to the office. I must be a "real woman" because he was looking straight at my chest when he spoke to me....
Mental note to self....don't wear the black halter neck jobbie to work anymore. Save it for when returning to work as a whore.....

Oh shut up.

On a completely different note, I was perplexed today. One of the women at work spoke about how she is travelling to Sydney to have a special hair straightening technique performed upon her hair. It's a REALLY SPECIAL technique devised by the Japanese.


Okaaaaaaaaay.....

Do Japanese people NEED their hair to be any straighter? Is it must me or has anyone else NOT seen a Japaneses person with non-straight hair. What? Do they all have this technique performed upon their heads from birth???? I was perplexed, I tell you, perplexed.

There, I've used the word perplexed enough times.

My son, who is nearly 11 (which translates to "He is the weirdest little guy I know")has come back from his holiday and is now complaining he is bored. Good lord, a kid who has had a fortune spent on him in the form of every electronic device known to man that a kid could want and ...he's bored. Go figure.

To express just how BORED he is, he keeps banging his head into doors, table tops and other flat, hard surface he can find. Call child welfare now people because I swear I'm going to go and help him bang it...only a lot harder.

I love the little bastard, really I do, but for the love of god.....I want to put him in a cupboard. (Thanks for the tip Autumn)

Seeing as how I have a 16 year old sleeping in my living room I'm going to get up really early tomorrow morning and sneak off to work (not leaving any children in cupboards of course) and leave him at the mercy of the small, sand spreading creatures....
After one day he will probably volunteer for sterilisation as soon as he's old enough.

I haven't seen Andrew for days. Because, love him as much as I do, I think he's had his clue phone disconnected.

Can someone explain to my why I dreamt last night that he had accompanied a female friend of mine when she had a genital piercing done? I was really cranky about that in the dream. What does it mean, I wonder????

Off to snoop around your blogs now.

May tomorrow bring us all an abundance of whatever it is we'd like in abundance.

That's a funny word when you break it down. A bun dance. Fascinating thing, language....

Spell check takes too long so please forgive me.

3 comments:

antikva said...

My almost 11 yr old is hiding from me. In his cupboard. hehe

Actually, he's in there hiding cos I told him to clean his room when he whined once too often about being bored. He can't hide under his bed as it is full of gross germy things like half eaten lunches and stuff.

You should try explaining that we get pissed when drinking piss to bemused Americans, which then makes us pissed off at having to explain such an obvious thing. ROFL

The Bizza said...

Uhm... what is this thing, called "Spell check"?

You Ozzies and your wacky, made-up words...

Krystal said...

I've never locked a child in a closet. I have, however, made one stand in the corner for two hours.

I bet that shutting them up in a closet is much quieter.

However, I'd forget they were in there. I forget that I put them in the corner when I keep walking right past 'em. Thus the two hour long corner punishment.

Kid almost pissed his pants. It was funny.