It's my favourite morning of the week. Saturday! Oh the choices, the possibilities!
Princess Thumbsucker (oh, I can so see orthodontic bills in my future) and I are lazing in my bed watching The Incredibles dvd. Again.
Last night, due to the general blechiness of yesterday, I spent the evening in this big warm bed and watched Bruce Almighty and then I am Sam (Sean Penn is brilliant). Probably due to the general blechiness of yesterday and/or the hormonal anarchy that is currently my body I wept copious amounts of tears all the way through Sam I Am. Whilst eating Belgian chocolate. That pretty much puts the whole "overdue" issue to rest. When I finally went to sleep I had very strange dreams.
But this morning...it's Saturday and it's almost perfect. It's cold, granted, but that's why we have closets full of jackets and coats, I guess. I have to get up, ignoring the vile griping cramping currently raging in my uterus and make my own cup of tea - oh the pain of living single!! Did I mention that it's COLD outside this bed?
Skies are grey outside, wind is whistling through the trees, rain is imminent...great inspiration for a day by the fire. I love winter.
First of all though, I have to go and feed the chickens and collect the eggs. The new chook is starting a nasty habit of pecking at the eggs. Bitch.
I wish, really I do, that I could post a picture of the glamour that is me - in my bathrobe and ugghies, with insane woman/bed hair, shuffling down to the hen house each morning, cup of coffee in hand and clucking at my chickens, bending every now and again to retrieve the eggs. Total glamour. But I'm not going to. I've just drawn you the mental picture - that should be enough.
More news re chickens: The white chicken has taken a fancy to laying her eggs in an old abandoned wheelbarrow down amonst the blackberry bushes. Very rustic. Very annoying. Mental note to pay to have blackberry bushes removed this year. They don't mix well with the insane bed hair.
I am fantasising about/feel like having waffles and coffee for breakfast this morning. I wonder if I can train teach the former residents of this particularly painful uterus to make waffles and coffee??? Nah.....
....I need a boy friend.
One who can make waffles, coffee and enjoys small scale chicken farming ...and can cope with a woman with insane bed hair. Oh, and it would be even better if he could be, say, an orthodontist!!??
Please form an orderly queue to the left. All applications will be considered.
Sunday, July 17, 2005
Saturday morning job advertisements....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm not single, but I sure as hell don't get waffles and coffee. *sigh* life is so unfair.
OK, so he does coffee.
Post a Comment