Friday, July 8, 2005

Later that same night...

Managed to catch up with my mate from the country and drink some fruit of the vine and talk about my children and I heading up to the vineyard in the holidays. School holidays are upon us after tomorrow - two weeks worth. I am requesting time off for the second week. I was clever enough to put in my request after saying "yes" to working ridiculous hours tomorrow night. Heh. Actually, my bosses are very, very cool people who are good to work with and even more fun to hang out with. (There, if they ever find this blog they can't sack me, right? I don't blog at work - unless I've clocked off first. That's one of my good points.)

Just heard the news about what's happened in London. What do people who commit acts of terrorism believe they have achieved when they commit these acts? I feel very sad for the families of the people who have lost their lives and those who are injured. The terrorists? I can't say I hate them. I feel sorry for them - living such pointless lives that the only way they can achieve anything in their meaningless existences is to commit gross acts of terrorism. In the name of their god? Even though it's got nothing to do with their god and everything to do with their nasty, personal politics.

It's got to stop.

No comments: